This two ingredient recipe for candied bacon could not be easier! This sweet and salty candied bacon is amazing for breakfast or as a snack with cocktails.
Yes! Those two words exist together. And, yes! It is every bit as delicious as it sounds. Never tried candied bacon before? We're going to have to change that.
Don't worry- I gotchu! Check out the video below to see how easy it is to make pure magic out of two ingredients you probably already have on hand.
Bacon candy is easily one of the tastiest things that will ever hit your tongue. It's great served as a quirky, unique appetizer. It's lovely served with breakfast or brunch. It's awesome on a funkified BLT. It's absolutely killer served as a snack with cocktails. And it's perfectly fine to eat by yourself, hunched over the sink, like some sort of animal.
Even the most kitchen-challenged person out there can make this, I promise! Have a look:Print
This two ingredient recipe for candied bacon could not be easier! This sweet and salty candied bacon is amazing for breakfast or as a snack with cocktails. Sweet, salty, smokey and crispy. Could this be the perfect food?
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 5 servings 1x
- Category: breakfast
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: brunch
- 5 slices bacon, thick or regular sliced
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar, light or brown
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, then line a sheet pan with parchment paper (optional) to prevent sticking and make for easier clean-up. Arrange the bacon slices in a row, being sure to leave a little bit of space between them. Sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over each slice, then use your fingers to press it down into each piece.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes - keeping an eye on it - until it's deep brown, caramelized and crisp.
- *Very Important* Remove the bacon from the pan as soon as they come out of the oven so that they don't stick to the pan or paper. Allow to cool on a rack or a plate, and indulge!
- This recipe can be doubled, tripled, whatever, without adjustment. Just be sure not to overcrowd the bacon on the pan, and work in batches.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 159
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 188.4 mg
- Fat: 11.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.1 g
- Protein: 3.5 g
- Cholesterol: 18.5 mg
Keywords: bacon, candy, candied, sugar, easy, breakfast, brunch, cocktails, snack, salty sweet
Looks delicious!! How do you know I hunch over the sink
Thanks!! I'm pretty sure we all do it. Anyone who says they don't is lying 🙂