This easy recipe for slow scrambled eggs with ricotta and chives produces most incredible scrambled eggs you’ll ever try! It only takes 15 minutes and 4 simple ingredients. These eggs are incredibly light, fluffy and creamy with smooth ricotta cheese swirled throughout and brightened up by a sprinkle of oniony chives.
I never really cared much for scrambled eggs. I mean, I would tolerate them, but they otherwise did nothing for me. So often they’re tough, overcooked, and well, boring. I mean, a sunny side egg >>>>>>> scrambled, all day, every day!
But that was until I tried this method for slow scrambling eggs. They’re soo light and fluffy! Plus, the addition of ricotta cheese makes them incredibly rich, creamy and decadent. I have a few tricks up my sleeve for getting these eggs just right, but you’ll have to watch my video to see how it’s done!
Want to up the ante? Try making these with homemade ricotta for a really special treat.Print
This easy recipe for slow scrambled eggs with ricotta and chives produces the creamiest, most incredibly scrambled eggs you’ve ever had! Soft, delicate and rich.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons full fat, ricotta cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Crack the eggs into a small-medium sized bowl. Use an immersion blender to pulse the eggs for about 15-20 seconds, util they are fully homogenized and look light and airy.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over medium-low heat. Pour in the eggs and use a spatula to gently move the eggs around, lifting and folding to slowly form large curds. When the eggs are almost set, add in the ricotta, salt and pepper, and gently fold to combine.
- Remove the eggs from the pan and place on a plate. Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve immediately with buttered toast.
- This recipe makes enough for just one person! Be sure to double, triple, or quadruple it, but know it will take the eggs a bit longer to cook.
Keywords: scrambled, eggs, slow, easy, french, butter, chives, ricotta, breakfast, brunch