This festive Cranberry, Clementine + Rosemary cocktail is just what you need to make it through this holiday season. Use up that box of clementines on your counter and create a cocktail It's bright, bubbly and perfect for celebrating!
Cranberries are synonymous with the holidays because of their seasonality and bright ruby red color. I have more festive cranberry recipes like my Easy Cranberry Almond Tart, my Cranberry Meyer lemon Pie with Gingersnap Crust and Easy Sugared Cranberries which make a gorgeous shimmery garnish! If making the sugared cranberry garnish, you can reuse the simple syrup to make this cocktail.
Why this recipe works
- Utilizes whole clementines for both juice as well as the oils from their skin.
- An aromatic simple syrup adds lots of flavor and just the right amount of sweetness.
- Made with vodka because it's clean and doesn't compete with the other ingredients.
- Can be batch made in advance for easy entertaining.
- Bubbles are added right before serving to keep the drinks fizzy.
- Easily adaptable proportions to suit your taste.
- Recipe makes a single cocktail or a pitcher to serve 16.
- Clementines - I always have a box of them on my counter in the fall and they have thin, easy-to-muddle skin. Substitute mandarins, tangerines, satsumas or navel oranges in a pinch.
- 100% Unsweetened Cranberry Juice - This is super important for achieving a cocktail that's not too sweet. Avoid cranberry cocktail juice.
- Rosemary - Fresh only - dried won't work here.
Step by Step Instructions
1. Make a flavored simple syrup by combining equal parts sugar and water in a pot along with fresh rosemary and clementine peels. Simmer on low until the sugar dissolves, then let steep until cool. Strain.
2. For a single drink: Muddle clementines and rosemary in the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Add vodka, cranberry juice, simple syrup and ice, then give it a good shake for about 10 seconds.
For a pitcher: Muddle clementines and rosemary in the bottom of a pitcher (OR in a pint glass or cocktail shaker if easier, then transfer to the pitcher). Add vodka, cranberry juice and simple syrup, then stir until everything is well combined. train into another pitcher to remove solids.
3. Add ice to glasses, then pour in the cocktail (use a strainer if pouring from the shaker). Top with sparkling wine or club soda, garnish with a rosemary sprig and fresh cranberries and enjoy!
Yes! Just replace the vodka with equal parts cranberry juice and club soda OR with a non alcoholic spirit such as Seedlip.
Yes! I prefer vodka but this can work well with gin, tequila or mezcal.
Absolutely. It adds a nice earthy, herbal quality to the drink, but you can skip it altogether or replace it with fresh thyme instead.
Did you make this recipe and LOVE it? Please leave a star ⭐️ rating and/or comment to help other readers. I absolutely love hearing from you and do my best to answer all questions and comments. I love seeing when you make my recipes, so please tag me @ColeyCooks on Instagram and I will repost!Print