These sweet, coconut Irish Potato Candies aren’t Irish or made of potatoes, but they are ridiculously tasty and the perfect treats for St. Patricks’ Day! This recipe makes the BEST Irish potatoes you’ve ever had!
- 1/4 cup (half a stick) of butter, softened
- 4 oz (1/2 package) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1lb box confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 7 oz flaked unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons or more ground cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Add in the vanilla and salt, then slowly add in the confectioners sugar while beating until it’s all incorporated and totally smooth. Next, blend in the coconut until you have one unified mixture.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes so that it’s easier to handle. Form into balls or potato shapes, then roll in cinnamon to coat.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Will keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
Keywords: Irish, potatoes, candy, coconut, sweets, treats, dessert, cinnamon, Philadelphia