These crispy roasted brussels sprouts are tossed with a shower of fresh herbs, lemon zest, and pecorino cheese. Best crispy roasted brussels sprouts recipe!
I’ve been eating tons of crispy roasted brussels sprouts this year. More than the usual, which is really a lot. I’d argue it’s on the cusp of being too much… is that even possible? This is one of my favorite ways to prepare them: super crispy, tossed with lots of sharp pecorino cheese, fresh herbs and lemon zest. These crispy roasted brussels sprouts are a cinch to throw together, and they make a lovely side dish, but I almost prefer to eat them as a snack. You’ll be amazed how quickly these addictive little bites disappear.
Check out the video to see just how these crispy roasted brussels sprouts are made, then get into the kitchen and make a batch yourself! You’ll be so impressed by how delicious a brussels sprout can taste when you make this easy recipe for crispy roasted brussels sprouts!
To everyone on the eastern half of the country, stay safe in this weekend’s storm! Looks like it’s going to be a nasty one, but what a great excuse to stay inside and bake up something yummy. That’s what I’ll be doing – so long as the power stays on.
One Year Ago: Egg Sammies with Salsa VerdePrint
The crispy roasted brussels sprouts are tossed with a shower of fresh herbs, lemon zest, and pecorino cheese. Best crispy roasted brussels sprouts recipe!
- 1 lb brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup finely grated pecorino Romano cheese
- zest from 1 lemon (about 1 heaping teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Trim the ends of the brussels sprouts, remove any yellow or bruised leaves and cut into quarters. If the sprouts are small, leave them in halves. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper, then spread on a sheet pan and roast for about 25 minutes, or until nicely browned and crisp.
- While the sprouts are cooking, combine the pecorino Romano, lemon zest, thyme and parsley in a large bowl. Use your fingers to mix everything together until well combined, and no lumps remain. When the brussels sprouts are finished roasting, add them to the bowl and quickly toss to coat in the cheese mixture. Transfer to a plate and serve immediately.
Keywords: Italian, crispy, roasted, brussels sprouts, vegetables, vegetarian, side dish, Thanksgiving, herbs