Chicken Poblano White Bean Chili is an easy, healthy and delicious chili recipe that’s awesome for both weeknight dinners and entertaining friends and family. Make a big batch for watching football or a cozy, casual night in.
For the Chili:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 5 poblano peppers, seeded and diced
- 1–2 jalapeños, seeds removed for less heat, minced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups chicken stock (homemade preferred)
- 1 tablespoon salt, plus more as needed (the saltiness of your chicken stock will vary)
- lime wedges
- chopped scallions
- chopped cilantro
- grated cheddar or jack cheese
- diced avocado
- sour cream or Greek yogurt
- tortilla chips
- hot sauce
- Add olive oil to a large heavy bottomed pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the ground chicken and use a wooden spoon or potato masher to break it up into little bits.
- Once the chicken is browned, add the poblano peppers, jalapeños and onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cumin, coriander and chili powder, then cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Add the cannellini beans, chicken stock and salt, then stir to combine.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 30-60 minutes to let the flavors meld. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve with lime wedges, scallions, cilantro, grated cheese, avocado sour cream or yogurt, tortilla chips and hot sauce on the side.
Keywords: soup, stew, chili, white beans, chicken, poblano