These blueberry oatmeal pancakes are light, fluffy, gluten free, dairy free optional, loaded with fresh juicy blueberries and taste absolutely delicious! They’re made with 100% oat flour, so it’s basically like eating a bowl of oatmeal in pancake form. If you’re looking for a nutritious and satisfying breakfast that tastes like a treat, these healthy blueberry oatmeal pancakes are for you.
- 2 cups oat flour *see note
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk of choice
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil or butter, plus more for cooking and serving
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oat flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the milk, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract and melted coconut oil or butter, then whisk until thoroughly combined and no lumps remain (you can also do this in a blender or with an immersion blender if it’s easier).
- Stir in the blueberries, then let the batter rest for 5 minutes so it can thicken up a bit.
- Melt coconut oil or butter on a griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Pour batter – about 1/4 – 1/3 cup at a time – onto the griddle and let cook until a few bubbles appear on top, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side, then repeat until all the batter is gone.
- Serve warm with butter and maple syrup. Leftovers can be frozen and reheated in a toaster oven.
*If you don’t have oat flour, you can easily make it pulverizing oats (any kind) in a high powered blender or food processor until they form a finely ground flour.
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
Keywords: blueberry, pancakes, gluten free, dairy free, oatmeal, breakfast, brunch, healthy, easy