This recipe for Oven Baked Parmesan Truffle Fries is SO easy because there’s no frying! Learn my tricks to getting the crispiest oven baked fries that get an extra boost of flavor from parmesan and truffle oil!
Parmesan truffle fries have found a permeant spot on just about every decent bar menu these days. What red blooded American doesn’t love a properly made French fry, let alone one that’s been tossed with salty parmesan cheese and earthy truffle oil?
Making fries at home is a commitment. Frying anything at home is a commitment. It’s hella messy, uses tons of oil, it can be totally dangerous and it leaves the house smelling like a fast food restaurant for days. Luckily, I have a method for making fries in the oven that are so crisp and fluffy inside that you’d easily mistake them for the real thing. Are they any better for you? Doubt it. But this isn’t about being healthy, it’s about being easy. And we could all use a bit of easy these days, amIright? Whether you go all the way and toss them with truffle oil and parm, or just serve ’em up straight with a side of ketchup, these oven fries need to become a part of your life ASAP.
This recipe for Oven Baked Parmesan Truffle Fries is SO easy because there’s no frying! Learn my tricks to getting the crispiest oven baked fries possible. Toss them with nutty parmesan cheese, earthy truffle oil herbs for a killer restaurant quality side dish or snack!
- 1 lb russet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- ¼ cup oil (vegetable, olive or a combination)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon white truffle oil
- 1 tablespoon finely minced parsley
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Slice the potatoes into ½-1/4 inch thick slices, then stack them up and cut into long strips. Place the potatoes into a bowl and pour hot water over top. The water should be hot but not boiling. Let sit for 10 minutes. Drain and pat very dry.
- Place the potatoes on the parchment lined baking sheet and drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt. Toss until all potatoes are fully coated. Bake until the fries are golden and crisp, about 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and drain the fries briefly on paper towels.
- Place the fries in a bowl and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, truffle oil and parsley. Quickly toss the fries until they’re fully coated. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 2
Keywords: snack, easy, crispy, baked