This easy recipe for Herb Roasted Fish with Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette is an easy, healthy recipe that can be made in 20 minutes!
- 4 6-ounce firm, white fish fillets, such as barramundi, frozen*
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 meyer lemons, one thinly sliced, one zested and juiced (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2–3 sprigs fresh rosemary, plus 1 teaspoon, minced
- 2–3 sprigs fresh thyme, plus 1 teaspoon, minced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Remove the fish fillets from their packaging and run under cold tap water for a few seconds to remove the thin protective coating of ice. Use paper towels to pat each fillet very dry.
- Drizzle a little bit of olive oil on a parchment lined baking sheet and place the fillets on top. Season both sides with salt and pepper and drizzle with a bit more olive oil. Layer slices of lemon over each fillet, then scatter the rosemary and thyme sprigs on top. Drizzle with more olive oil, then bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until the flesh has turned opaque.
- While the fish is baking, make the vinaigrette. In a bowl, whisk together the meyer lemon zest, juice, garlic, minced rosemary, minced thyme, minced parsley and 3 tablespoons olive oil until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then set aside.
- When the fish is done, remove the lemon slices and herbs, then use a spatula to carefully transfer each fillet to a plate. Top with a spoonful of Meyer lemon vinaigrette. Serve immediately with extra vinaigrette and Meyer lemon wedges on the side.
- *This recipe can easily be made with fresh fish as well. Just be sure to cut down the baking time to about 7-10 minutes, depending on thickness.
Keywords: fish, seafood, barramundi, white fish, roasted, Meyer lemon, herbs, dinner, healthy, Paleo