This easy recipe for Truffled Popcorn with Parmesan + Prosciutto is an elegant movie snack or appetizer perfect for an Oscars Party! Gourmet + gluten free!
- 6 thin slices of good quality prosciutto (recommended: Parma)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/3 cup white truffle butter, melted (recommended: D’Artagnon)*
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese (recommended: Parmigiano Reggiano)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lay the slices of prosciutto on a baking sheet in an even layer, then bake for about 20 minutes, or until crisp. Set aside to cool.
- Set a large saucepan over medium-high heat and add in vegetable oil. Pour in popcorn kernels and toss to coat with the oil. Cover and allow to heat up until the popcorn starts to pop. Give the pot a good shake and burp the lid to allow some steam to release. When the pops start to slow down, turn off the heat and give the pot another shake, and let sit until popping subsides.
- Transfer the popcorn to a bowl and crumble the crispy prosciutto over top. Drizzle with melted truffle butter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Toss until all kernels are evenly coated. Serve immediately.
- *If you can’t find white truffle butter, substitute 1/4 cup salted butter with 2 teaspoons white truffle oil
- Between the salted truffle butter, prosciutto and parmesan, I don’t think this recipe needs any additional salt, but feel free to add some to suit your preference.
Keywords: popcorn, parmesan, prosciutto, oscars, party, movies, truffle, easy, snack food, fancy, elegant