This recipe for Sun Gold Tomato Pasta doesn’t require cooking the sauce at all, allowing those sugary sweet sun gold tomatoes to shine. My favorite pasta dish EVER!
- 3 cups sun gold or other sweet cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1–2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup finely grated pecorino romano
- 1/2 lb long pasta like spaghetti or linguine
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
- Place the tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper and pecorino cheese in a large bowl. Mix them all together and press on the tomatoes with the back of a spoon to release their juices. Continue mixing until it forms a sauce, then set aside while you cook the pasta.
- Cook the pasta in boiling, heavily salted water until al dente. Drain the pasta, then immediately transfer it to the bowl of tomatoes. Toss to coat, adding a few tablespoons of pasta water to loosen it up, and a little bit more cheese if need be to thicken it. Toss in the basil and oregano at the last minute.
- Plate the pasta and finish with a sprinkling more of cheese and basil if desired.
Keywords: easy, tomatoes, no cook sauce