These Paleo Chocolate Chunk Cookies are chewy, chocolatey and crazy addictive! This easy recipe is gluten/grain free, dairy free, refined sugar free and shockingly delicious.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped* (see note)
- Flaky sea salt (such as Maldon) for sprinkling (optional but highly recommended!)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper (I foolishly skipped this step once and the cookies stuck to the pan).
- Whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract, melted coconut oil (be sure it’s cooled or it will scramble the eggs!) and coconut sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt, then mix together until fully incorporated. If the mixture seems a bit loose at first, let it sit for a few minutes so it can firm up into a thick dough.
- Mix in the chocolate until evenly distributed.
- Scoop out large rounded tablespoons of dough on to the prepared sheet pans, then use your fingers to press down and flatten into a cookie shape, as they will stay in a ball shape once baked if you don’t. Sprinkle each cookie with sea salt if desired.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until browned and a bit crisp around the edges. Let cool just a bit before eating.
- These cookies will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
*For a totally Paleo recipe, be sure to use a dairy free chocolate. I like to have a mix of big chunks and finely chopped pieces for the best flavor and textural variation. If you’d like to substitute chocolate chips, use 1 1/2 cups.
Keywords: paleo, chocolate, chip, chunk, cookies, dairy free, gluten free, grain free, best cookie