This bright and festive Cranberry, Clementine + Rosemary cocktail is just what you need to make it through this holiday season! Makes 1 cocktail – scale up as needed. Simple Syrup makes enough for about 8 cocktails.
For the Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large rosemary sprigs
- peel from 2 clementines
For the Cocktails
- 1 small clementine, quartered (use 1/2 if large)
- 2 parts vodka
- 1–2 parts simple syrup, to taste
- 3 parts 100% unsweetened cranberry juice (NOT cranberry cocktail)
- club soda or dry sparkling wine for topping
- fresh cranberries and rosemary sprigs for garnish
Make the Simple Syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring up to a simmer (but do not boil). Once the sugar has completely dissolved, turn off the heat and let steep for at least one hour. Strain, then store in a jar or squeeze bottle and chill until needed.
Make the Cocktail
- Muddle the clementine in the bottom of a cocktail shaker. Add ice, vodka, simple syrup, and cranberry juice, then give it a good shake. Strain into a glass filled with ice, then top with club soda or sparkling wine. Garnish with a rosemary sprig and a few fresh cranberries.
Keywords: alcohol, vodka, spritzer, cocktail, drink, beverage, orange, thanksgiving