Grilled Corn + Nectarine Salad with Blue Cheese, Basil + Chives is an easy summer salad recipe made with seasonal ingredients and beautiful flavors.
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for coating the corn
- 2 ears corn, shucked
- 1 head romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 1 cup chives, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2 nectarines, cored and sliced
- 4 ounces tangy blue cheese, such as Maytag
- In a small bowl, whisk together the shallot, mustard, honey, vinegar, salt and pepper. Slowly stream in the olive oil as you whisk until emulsified. Set aside.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Lightly rub the corn with oil, then grill until charred on all sides. Set aside to cool, then remove the kernels from the cob.
- In a large salad bowl, mix together the romaine, basil and chives, then toss with just enough dressing to coat. Arrange the nectarines and grilled corn over the greens, then crumble the blue cheese on top. Serve immediately.
Keywords: grilled corn salad, nectarines, corn salad, blue cheese