Grilled Corn Salad with Nectarines and Blue Cheese is an easy summer salad recipe made with seasonal ingredients and beautiful flavors.
This salad is one of my (many) summertime staples. I started making it a few years ago, and it was once a very popular item on my catering menus.
It has lots of summery goodness all tossed together in a bowl. Ripe, juicy nectarines for sweet-tartness, chargrilled corn for toasty-sweetness. Romaine for crunch, basil and chives for freshness and flavor, plus creamy, tangy blue cheese, because, well... cheese.
I happen to love blue cheese, but if it's not your thing, I think goat cheese would be lovely as well. Or you can try my grilled peach and halloumi salad for something even more unique!
The flowers you see in the photos are nasturtiums from my garden. This is my first time growing them, but most definitely won't be my last. They make any plate look like a work of art.
Their flavor is peppery and sweet, and by no means necessary for the salad, but I couldn't help putting a few on top for garnish.
The dressing is my go-to classic vinaigrette. A little dijon mustard, a little shallot, a little honey, a little vinegar and olive oil. Simple, easy and the perfect compliment to this salad.
I hope you give it a try! It's like summertime in bowl.
One Year Ago: Summer Kale + Blueberry Salad
Grilled Corn Salad with Nectarines and Blue Cheese
- 1 small shallot minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil plus more for coating the corn
- 2 ears corn shucked
- 1 head romaine lettuce roughly chopped
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 1 cup chives or scallions chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2 nectarines cored and sliced
- 4 ounces tangy blue cheese such as Maytag
- In a small bowl, whisk together the shallot, mustard, honey, vinegar, salt and pepper. Slowly stream in the olive oil as you whisk until emulsified. Set aside.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Lightly rub the corn with oil, then grill until charred on all sides. Set aside to cool, then remove the kernels from the cob.
- In a large salad bowl, mix together the romaine, basil and chives, then toss with just enough dressing to coat. Arrange the nectarines and grilled corn over the greens, then crumble the blue cheese on top. Serve immediately.