Celery Root Remoulade is a crisp and refreshing side to serve with sandwiches, meats, fish, and more! Consider it a fancy cousin of Coleslaw – it has a unique taste unlike anything you’ve ever tried!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2–3 tablespoons Dijon mustard, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar, or more to taste
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 ¾ teaspoons salt, or more to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh chives
- 1 2-lb celery root (celeriac), peeled and julienned or grated
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, heavy cream, salt and pepper.
- Gently fold in the julienned or grated celery root, parsley and chives. Taste, and adjust seasoning as needed, adding more salt, pepper, lemon or mustard to suit your taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to let the flavors meld before serving. Salad will keep refrigerated for up to two days. If making ahead, leave out the herbs and stir them in right before serving.
Keywords: celery root, celery root remoulade, celery slaw