- 2 large, long slices of crusty bread (I used the middle slices from Calandra’s panella)
- 2 ounces good quality blue cheese (I used Roquefort)
- 2 scant tablespoons honey
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/2 granny smith or other crisp apple, julienned
- 1/4 cup walnuts, lightly toasted
- salt and pepper, to taste
- juice from 1/2 lemon (about 1 scant tablespoon)
- 1–2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Crumble the blue cheese on both pieces of bread, then place them in the toaster oven until the cheese is melted and the bread is crisp, about 5 minutes.
- While the bread toasts, make the salad. Combine the arugula, julienned apple and walnuts in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Squeeze the lemon over top and drizzle with olive oil, then use clean hands to toss until combined. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
- Remove the blue cheese toasts from the oven and drizzle each with about one tablespoon of honey (use more or less depending on taste). Divide the salad and arrange over top of the toasts, then cut into 3-4 pieces. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 2