This chai granola is easy to make and tastes just like chai tea It’s perfectly spiced and tastes great with milk, yogurt, or sprinkled over ice cream!
Granola is one of my favorite go-to breakfasts because it’s tasty, simple and satisfying! I love to make a big batch on the weekend so that I’ve got an easy breakfast and something to snack on all week long.
This time around, I jazzed up a basic recipe with one of my all-time favorite flavors: Chai tea! Only, well, minus the tea.
Peep the video to see how simple it is to make, then follow the recipe below!
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup honey
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees. Prepare a large sheet pan by lining it with parchment paper. Heat the coconut oil and honey in a small sauce pan until the coconut oil is completely melted. Add in the spices and salt, then remove from the heat.
- Combine the oats, cashews, almonds, sunflower seeds and coconut flakes in a large bowl. Pour the honey mixture over and mix well until everything is moistened and combined.
- Spread the granola out on the prepared sheet pan and bake in the oven for about 1 hour, or until golden brown and toasted. Allow the granola to cool completely and then break into pieces. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.