This Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Fish Sauce Vinaigrette is a flavorful vegetarian man dish. It’s served with a vibrant Southeast Asian inspired sauce and lots of fresh herbs.
- 1 whole head cauliflower, cored and leaves removed
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil (substitute vegetable or canola oil)
- 1/4 cup Asian fish sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice or plain white vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons Sambal Oelek or 1 thai chile, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Pat the cauliflower very dry, then rub the outside with oil, being sure to thoroughly coat every nook and cranny. Place the cauliflower on a lined sheet pan and bake in the oven, basting occasionally, for about 90 minutes or until deep golden brown outside.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, make the vinaigrette: Combine the fish sauce, water sugar, vinegar, lime juice, Sambal and garlic and whisk until sugar is dissolved. Stir in the mint and cilantro.
- When the cauliflower is finished cooking, remove on to a serving plate and serve the sauce on the side so it stays crisp. Garnish with more mint and cilantro and serve.
- This fish sauce vinaigrette is good on just about anything. Make extra!
Keywords: vegetarian meals, roasted cauliflower, fish sauce, vinaigrette