– Authentic Italian meatball recipe that’s been in my family for generations.
– Easy to prepare and make in large batches – make and freeze them for later!
– Finely grated fresh onion and garlic melt into the meat, adding moisture and flavor.
– Baked instead of pan-fried for beautifully browned meatballs that hold their shape.
– Can be used in a number of different ways – as an entree, with pasta, in a sub, or for an appetizer!
These juicy Italian polpettes infused with traditional flavors and simmered in a rich tomato sauce are a staple in Italian cuisine! This is my Sicilian family's traditional meatball recipe using beef, pork, and veal - and they're the best Italian meatballs you'll ever taste!
Once cooked, place the meatballs directly into the sauce and let them simmer on low heat for about 1 hour. If needed, keep them warm by turning off the heat and letting them sit in the sauce until ready to serve.