This Raw Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake tastes so decadent, you’d never know it’s made without any refined sugar, dairy or gluten! It’s assembled entirely in a blender or food processor and not baked, so it’s also infinitely easier than a traditional cheesecake.
For the Crust
- 2 1/2 cups raw pecans
- 1 cup dates, loosely packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
For the Filling
- 3 cups raw cashews, soaked in water overnight, drained*
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 1/2 cups canned, unsweetened coconut cream or milk (NOT coco lopez)
- 1/4 cup raw cane sugar
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- raw pecan halves for garnish (optional)
Make the Crust
- Spray a 9-inch springform pan with non-stick spray.
- Add pecans, dates, salt, cinnamon, and ginger to the bowl of a food processor, then process for a few minutes until it starts to stick together. It should be mostly blended, but some small chunks are okay. Pour into the pan, then press into the bottom and about 2-inches up the sides. Use a flat-bottomed glass to press until even and firm. Refrigerate.
- Add the cashews, pumpkin puree, coconut milk or cream, raw cane sugar, maple syrup, coconut oil, lemon juice, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, clove, and nutmeg to a high-powered blender. Blend on high until the mixture is ultra-smooth. This may take several minutes and you may need to stop a few times to scrape down the sides and help move the top contents down to the bottom with a spatula. Be patient and run the blender as long as you have to to get it as smooth as possible so there is no remaining grittiness. Achieving this texture is very important.
- Pour the batter over the crust and smooth out the top. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours (overnight is best). Arrange pecan halves around the perimeter of the cake to garnish if desired.
- *If short on time, cashews can be “quick soaked” in boiling water for 1 hour
Keywords: raw, vegan, pumpkin, cheesecake, thanksgiving, paleo