This recipe for Turkish Coffee Flourless Chocolate Cake is really easy to make! It’s scented with coffee and cardamom and is 100% gluten free. Adapted from Ingrid Michaelson.
- 3/4 cup butter (12 tablespoons or 1 1/2 sticks)
- 7 oz good semisweet or bittersweet chocolate
- 4 eggs separated
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons instant espresso powder, or *very* finely ground coffee
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and butter the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Melt the butter and chocolate over a double boiler, then remove from the heat. Whisk together the egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar until light and frothy. Add the melted butter and chocolate, espresso powder, cardamom, vanilla and salt, then whisk to combine.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk the egg whites and the remaining 1/2 cup sugar until they form stiff peaks. Use a rubber spatula to gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture, being careful not to let it deflate.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until puffed and no longer jiggly in the middle. Allow to cool completely before cutting. Dust with powdered sugar if desired and serve at room temperature or ice cold.
Keywords: flourless, gluten free, chocolate, cake, turkish, coffee, dessert, baking, easy