This recipe for Italian Tuna and Green Bean Salad is incredibly simple to make. It only has 7 basic ingredients and makes a tasty and healthy meal! A light, bright and healthy protein packed Italian tuna salad.
- 1 lb thin green beans (such as haricot verts) ends removed
- 1/4 – 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 5-oz cans Italian or Spanish tuna in olive oil (don’t drain)
- juice of 1 lemon (or more to taste)
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- coarse sea salt for sprinkling (I like sel gris)
- 1/4 cup Italian flat leaf parsley leaves
- Bring a medium pot of heavily salted water up to a boil and prepare an ice bath.
- Drop the green beans into the water and cook for 20 seconds, then remove them right into the ice bath. Once the beans are cooled, drain thoroughly and blot dry with towels so no moisture remains.
- Transfer the green beans to a large platter, then scatter the red onions and and big chunks of tuna on top along with some of the oil from the can.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and lots of extra virgin olive oil, then sprinkle with sea salt and parsley leaves. Serve right away.
- Serving Size: 2
Keywords: tuna salad, lemon, olive oil, sea salt