This easy recipe for Sweet Potato + Bacon Hash with Crispy Fried Eggs is an easy, healthy and delicious breakfast recipe! Gluten free + Paleo!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 heaping teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 8 eggs
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced on a bias
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large saute pan and render the bacon for a few minutes until it begins to crisp up. Move it to the side and add in the onions, letting them cook down for about 2-3 minutes. Move the onions to the side and add in the sweet potatoes.
- Toss everything together and season with salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Continue to cook, tossing occasionally, for about 15-20 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender throughout and crisp on the outside. Divide the hash between 4 plates.
- In a non stick skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil over high heat. Working in batches, crack in the eggs and baste the tops with the hot oil until the whites are opaque and the edges are crisp. Season the eggs with salt, pepper and a sprinkle of smoked paprika.
- Place the eggs over top of the hash and garnish with sliced scallions. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: easy, paleo, gluten free, breakfast, brunch, sweet potatoes, runny eggs, fried eggs, bacon, smoked paprika