This Spring Vegetable Risotto is a rich and creamy risotto that’s still light and fresh thanks to lots of seasonal spring veggies! Asparagus, radishes, leeks, peas, chives and more!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted Finlandia butter, divided
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, sliced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable stock (or more as needed)
- 1 1/2 cups quartered radishes
- 1 1/2 cups chopped aspragus
- 2 teaspoons salt*
- 1/2 container Finlandia Classic Creamy Gourmet Cheese (about 1/2 cup) OR 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (from about 1/2 lemon)
- 3/4 cup thawed frozen peas
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives, plus more for garnish
- Melt 3 tablespoons of unsalted Finlandia butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the leeks and stir until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add rice and toast for 1 minute, then add white wine. Stir until absorbed, then add about 1/2 cup of stock and continue stirring. Add more stock 1/2 cup at a time once absorbed and continue until you have about 1 cup remaining.
- Add radishes along with another 1/2 cup of stock. Stir until absorbed, then add the asparagus and any remaining stock. Season with salt, then continue stirring until the rice is mostly cooked through and still slightly soupy. Add more stock as needed.
- Stir in the remaining 3 tablespoons Finlandia butter along with Finlandia Creamy Gourmet Cheese. Add lemon zest, frozen peas, pepper, parmesan cheese and chives. Stir until creamy, then taste for seasoning and adjust as needed. The rice should be slightly al dente and not too thick.
- Spoon risotto into bowls and garnish with more parmesan cheese and chives. Serve immediately.
- Notes: Total amount of seasoning will depend on the saltiness of your stock. Taste and adjust as needed.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: spring, vegetables, vegetarian, risotto, rice, asparagus, peas, radishes