This recipe for Smashed Eggs on Toast with Butter + Spring Herbs is a quick and tasty way to satisfy your hunger, whether it be for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack!
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large slices bakery bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped assorted soft fresh herbs, such as parsley, dill, chives, tarragon, or chervil (use at least 2)
- Flaky sea salt
- Bring a medium pot of water up to a boil.
- Carefully drop the eggs into boiling water, then set a timer for 7 1/2 minutes.
- While the eggs boil, prepare a bowl of ice water and set aside.
- When the eggs are finished, immediately place them into the ice water and let them sit for 5 minutes.
- Lightly toast the bread, let it cool a bit, then generously spread with butter.
- Carefully peel the eggs, then slice each one in half.
- Top each toast with two whole eggs, then use a butter knife to gently smash them into smaller pieces and distribute them around the toast.
- Sprinkle each toast generously with herbs and sea salt, then serve immediately.
Keywords: eggs, jammy, toast, butter, herbs, soft boiled