This recipe ONLY works with VERY fresh in-season sweet summer corn. Taste your corn first and if it’s more starchy than sweet, skip this recipe and make something else. Gluten free, vegan, and so delicious
- 4 ears very fresh in-season sweet corn, shucked*
- 2 ripe but firm nectarines, pitted and thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, very thinly sliced
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (use the good stuff)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped or torn
- crumbled feta cheese, optional
- Place a small bowl upside down inside of a large mixing bowl. Take an ear of corn and prop it up vertically on top of the smaller bowl. Use a sharp knife to run down the sides of the cob and slice off the kernels, allowing them to fall into the larger bowl. Rotate the cob as you go, until all of the kernels have been removed. Repeat with the remaining ears of corn, then remove the smaller bowl.
- Add the nectarines and scallions, then season with salt. Drizzle with lime juice and olive oil, then mix to combine. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
- Add basil and mix to combine. Serve immediately with or without crumbled feta cheese on top.
- *This recipe ONLY works with super fresh in-season corn on the cob. Taste the corn first to make sure it tastes good raw – it should be sweet and not starchy.
Keywords: corn salsa, nectarines, corn and nectarine salad, sweet corn