These Radish Toasts with Chive Butter is an Easy and Elegant Spring Recipe! Radishes and butter are a classic French combination, and the addition of fresh chives makes it taste even better.
- 6 thin slices baguette or other crusty bread
- 3 tablespoons good quality unsalted butter, softened to room temperature*
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- flaky sea salt, such as Maldon, for sprinkling
- 6–8 small-medium radishes, sliced into paper thin coins
- chive flowers, kale flowers, arugula flowers or other small edible flowers for garnish (optional)
- Place the slices of bread in the toaster or toaster oven and toast until just lightly golden brown. While the bread toasts, mix together the butter and chives until fully combined. Remove the bread from the toaster and allow to cool for a few minutes so the butter doesn’t melt.
- Divide the butter amongst the 6 toasts and spread out evenly. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt, then arrange the radish slices over top. Arrange the toasts on a platter and sprinkle with a tiny bit more sea salt, chopped chives and edible flowers. Serve immediately.
- *Use a good quality butter, such as a European style, cultured or locally produced small-batch for best results.
Keywords: french, butter, appetizer, snack, radishes, salt, chives, easy, simple