This easy recipe for Peas with Prosciutto + Ricotta is the perfect side dish for spring! Sweet, tender peas sautéed with salty prosciutto, served over creamy, lemony whipped ricotta cheese and finished with fresh mint. It’s a great recipe for Easter, Mother’s Day or any springtime occasion!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 lb frozen peas, defrosted (use “petite” peas if you can find them)
- 1/2 lb sugar snap peas, halved*
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- Pour olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the prosciutto and stir to break it apart for about 1 minute, then add the garlic and shallots.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper, then cook until the shallots are translucent, but not browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add the defrosted peas and sugar snap peas, then cook while stirring and tossing constantly until softened, about 5 minutes.
- If the pan seems a bit dry, add a few tablespoons of water to help things along. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- While the peas cook, add the ricotta and lemon zest to a medium bowl, then use a whisk to whip it up until light and fluffy.
- Spread the ricotta onto a serving platter or bowl, then spoon the peas over top. Sprinkle with fresh mint, then drizzle with plenty of extra virgin olive oil. Serve immediately.
*If desired, you can omit the sugar snap peas and use 1 whole pound of frozen peas instead.
Keywords: Italian, side, spring, easy, peas, prosciutto, ricotta, Easter, holidays