This easy, healthy recipe for chewy peanut butter and jelly granola bars is gluten free + vegan! Great for kids, quick breakfasts, and snacking on the go!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour*
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped roasted peanuts
- 8 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup honey (sub maple syrup or agave for vegan)
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 cup finely chopped dried cranberries
- 1 cup raspberry jam (or your favorite jam or jelly)
- non stick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, oat flour*, sugar, salt, and peanuts.
- In another bowl, mix together the melted coconut oil, honey, and peanut butter until smooth. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Mix together the dried cranberries and raspberry jam in a small bowl, then add spoonfuls to the oat mixture and gently mix until evenly distributed but not thoroughly combined. You want there to be small, but distinctive clumps remaining.
- Line a 9×13 inch baking dish with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Pour the mixture into the pan and use a rubber spatula to spread it out and then press down as much as possible so that it’s tightly packed in.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Allow to cool completely, then place in the refrigerator to firm up and get cold – this will make the bars easier to cut.
- Remove the parchment paper and cut lengthwise down the center. Then cut each side into 8-9 bars. You can wrap the bars individually in plastic wrap or just put them all in a zip-top bag. Bars keep refrigerated for 2 weeks and can be frozen for longer storage. I prefer to eat them cold – they’re chewier.
- *You can make your own oat flour by buzzing up oats in a blender or food processor until they form a fine powder.
Keywords: pbj bars, peanut butter bars, homemade granola bars