- Pan Con Tomato (tomato bread)
- Rustic, crusty bread, cut into 1 inch thick slices
- 1–2 large cloves of garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 1 large or two smaller, very ripe tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil for brushing and drizzling
- Flaky sea salt (such as Maldon) for sprinkling
- Freshly ground pepper (optional)
- Brush each slice of bread with a little bit of olive oil and toast – either in a toaster, the oven, or my preferred method, on the grill.
- While the bread is still hot, rub the cut end of the garlic all over. Next, slice the tomato in half and liberally rub the cut side all over the bread.
- Drizzle with plenty of olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serving Size: 4