These Paleo Orange Raspberry Crumb Muffins are easy, healthy and taste like a treat! This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, grain free and refined sugar free. These muffins are packed with protein, fiber and healthy fats for a satisfying breakfast or snack!
- 2 cups fine almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest (from about 1 medium orange)
- 2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen *See note
For the Crumb Topping:
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with baking cups, then spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, salt and baking powder to a large bowl. Add the eggs, melted coconut oil, maple syrup and orange zest, then whisk to combine.
- When the mixture is smooth and no lumps remain, use a rubber spatula to gently fold in the raspberries, being careful not to break them up too much (otherwise they’ll get lost and the batter will turn bright pink).
- Divide the batter evenly into the baking cups.
- To make the crumb topping, mix together the almond flour, coconut flakes, coconut sugar and salt. Add the coconut oil, then use your fingers to work it into the dough until crumbly.
- Divide the crumb topping evenly among muffins.
- Bake for 2o-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If using frozen berries, it could take 45 minutes or longer to finish cooking all the way through. Keep checking and adjust your baking time as needed.
- Let the muffins cool for at least 20 minutes before removing from the muffin tins. Allow to cool to room temperature or refrigerate before eating. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for longer.
*Using frozen berries will result in a longer baking time, which will ultimately depend on the internal temperature of the batter before entering the oven. Check and adjust as needed.
Keywords: paleo, raspberry, orange, muffins, grain free, dairy free