Nutella + Banana Phyllo Pastries are SO easy to make! They’re light and flaky with a gooey chocolate center, perfect for brunch or dessert. Crispy crunchy pastries oozing with butter, chocolate and love.
- 1 8 oz package Phyllo Dough (about 20 sheets)
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cup Nutella or other chocolate hazelnut spread
- 2 Bananas, thinly sliced into coins
- Keep the sheets of phyllo under a damp (but not overly wet) cloth when they are not in use. Remove one sheet of phyllo at a time and brush half length- wise with melted butter. Fold the unbuttered side over the buttered side and smooth down with your hands. Brush another layer of butter all over.
- Place 1 tbsp of Nutella and a few slices of banana in a little mound on one end of the dough. Not too much!
- Take one corner and fold it over the filling to meet the other side. Continue folding, like a flag, until you reach the end. Brush the extra dough with butter and fold it over. Press down to seal everything in.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place the turnovers seam side down on a baking sheet and bake at 375 for approximately 20 minutes, until the phyllo is nice and golden brown.
- Don’t panic if some of the filling spills out, its not the end of the world. Be sure to let these cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
Keywords: phyllo dough, Greek, chocolate, pastry, brunch