This easy and elegant appetizer for Roasted Mushroom and French Goat Cheese crostini is perfect for entertaining and especially around the holidays.
- 1 baguette, thinly sliced on a bias
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 2 lbs assorted mushrooms (I used crimini, oyster, and shiitake), sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped, plus more for garnish
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces Florette French goat cheese, softened
- Truffled honey or wildflower honey, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush baguette slices with olive oil, then arrange on a sheet pan in a single layer. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp.
- Toss mushrooms with 2 tablespoons olive oil, thyme, salt, and pepper. Spread out on a sheet pan in an even layer, then bake until browned and caramelized, about 25 minutes. Let cool.
- To assemble, smear about a tablespoon of Florette French goat cheese (including the rind) on each crostini, then top with mushrooms. Drizzle with honey, sprinkle with more thyme leaves to garnish. Serve immediately.
Keywords: goat cheese, crostini, French, baked, roasted, truffles, mushrooms, appetizer, holiday, entertaining