This easy recipe for Lobster Corn Fritters with Tarragon Aioli is one of the tastiest ways to enjoy fresh lobster aside from just dunking it in butter! Lightly fried batter with big chunks of lobster and fresh sweet corn. The best summer appetizer ever!
- For the Tarragon Aioli
- 1/3 cup tarragon leaves, loosely packed
- 1 small clove garlic, grated or finely minced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Fritters
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 packed cup lobster meat, claws and tail, coarsely chopped
- 1 ear of corn, kernels removed from the cob
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- salt, for sprinkling
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Make the Aioli
- Combine the tarragon, garlic, lemon juice and mayonnaise in a food processor and blend until the tarragon is completely broken down and the color turns pale green. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside.
Make the Fritters
- Whisk together the flour, corn starch, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the buttermilk and egg, then whisk until just combined. Gently fold in the lobster, corn and chives, then set aside.
- Heat 1-2 inches of oil in a large saucepan with high sides over medium heat. Test a small piece of batter first to see if the temperature is right. It should sizzle, but not furiously, and it should not drop to the bottom of the pan. When the oil is ready, drop 4-5 generous spoonfuls of batter into the hot oil and fry, turning once, until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle immediately with salt, then repeat with the remaining batter. Serve immediately with tarragon aioli and lemon wedges on the side.
Keywords: lobster, corn fritters, lobster fritters, tarragon, aioli