Sweet, tart and slightly floral, these pops are soo refreshing on a hot summer day!
- 4 medium peaches (or about 4 cups sliced frozen peaches, thawed)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lavender flowers, dried or fresh, (culinary grade)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, cold
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt*
- Soak 8-10 popsicle sticks (depending on your popsicle mold) in water for about 10 minutes, remove, then place in the freezer along with the popsicle mold while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and prepare an ice bath. Score a large X in the bottom of each peach and submerge them in the boiling water for about 30-45 seconds, then drop them into the ice bath. Once cooled, the skins should slip right off. Peel, remove the pits, and cut into chunks.
- Place the sugar in a small sauce pan with 1/2 cup of water, then bring to a boil over high heat. Once the sugar dissolves, transfer it to a blender. Add the peaches, vanilla extract, lavender flowers, lemon juice, heavy cream and greek yogurt. Blend until very smooth. If there are still chunks remaining,
- set a fine-mesh strainer over a bowl and strain, pressing on solids to extract the purée. Cover the mixture and chill until it’s nice and cold.
- Remove the molds from the freezer and divide the mixture evenly. Cover, then insert the popsicle sticks. Freeze until firm- at least 6 hours or overnight. To release, dip bottoms of molds into hot water for 20-30 seconds, and they should slide right out. Serve immediately, or wrap tightly and freeze for later.
- *I always use full-fat Greek yogurt since it’s what I keep on hand. 2% or fat free will both work fine.