This is the easiest ever recipe for salted grilled peas in the pod! Eat them like edamame for a sweet, healthy, delicious, gluten free and vegan snack!
- 2 lbs fresh peas in the pod, cleaned and dried
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- flaky sea salt for finishing (I like Maldon)
- Toss the peas with the olive oil, salt and pepper until coated. Preheat a grill until very hot, and use a perforated pan or tray to prevent the peas from falling through the grates.
- Spread the peas out so they each touch the grill, give them a toss, and close the grill and let cook for about 2 minutes. Open the grill, toss again, and continue cooking until they are nice and charred on the outside.
- Remove from the grill, place in a serving bowl, and sprinkle with flaky sea salt to finish. Serve immediately.
- To eat, remove the peas from the pod with your teeth, as if you’re eating edamame.
Keywords: edamame, grilling, garden