These Espresso Brownies are rich, chocolatey, fudgy and dense with a kick of coffee. Perfect after dinner dessert! The best espresso brownie recipe ever!
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons espresso or very strong coffee
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon Dutch process cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Melt the butter and chocolate in a double boiler on the stovetop.
- Remove from the heat and use a wooden spoon to beat in the sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, being sure to fully incorporate the first one before adding the next.
- Add vanilla, espresso, espresso powder and salt, then beat for one minute. Sift in the flour and cocoa powder and mix until well combined.
- Pour into a parchment lined 8×8″ pan and smooth out the top. Bake for about 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (a few crumbs are okay, but be sure there is no runny batter).
- Allow the brownies to cool, then transfer to the refrigerator until they’re ice cold (overnight is best, but this can be sped up in the freezer if desired). Cut into 16 squares and serve.
Keywords: brownies, chocolate, espresso, recipe, dessert, bars, cookies, easy, best