Smokey, spicy and totally addictive.
- 1 small clove garlic, smashed
- 1-2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, plus 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe haas avocados
- 1/4 small white onion, minced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- In a molcajete, mortar and pestle or on a cutting board with the back of your knife, grind the garlic, the chipotle chiles and adobo sauce together until they make a fine paste.
- Add in the salt, avocados and onion and mash until the avocados mostly pureed but still a bit chunky. Mix in the lime juice and cilantro and adjust the salt if desired. Serve immediately with plenty of tortilla chips.
- Chipotle chiles can be pretty spicy, so adjust the amount according to your tolerance. It's always best to start with a little and add more after tasting.
Keywords: chipotle peppers, guacamole, traditional guacamole, cilantro