This is the best recipe ever for BLT sandwiches! This recipe is so good I renamed it to TBL’s, because the tomato comes first!
- 12 strips regular bacon or 8 strips thick cut bacon
- 2 tablespoons assorted fresh herbs, minced (basil, lemon thyme, tarragon, parsley, chives, etc.)
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced or grated on a microplane
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 slices good quality soft white bread
- 1 large tomato, sliced thick
- salt, for sprinkling
- 2–4 leaves Boston bibb, iceberg, romaine or little gem lettuce*
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Arrange the bacon in an even layer on a foil lined sheet pan, then bake until crisp, about 20-25 minutes.
- Combine the herbs, garlic, lemon juice, pepper and mayo in a small bowl and mix until thoroughly combined.
- When the bacon is finished cooking, transfer to paper towels to drain. Lightly brush each slice of bread on one side with some bacon fat (optional, though strongly suggested) and toast until golden.
- Slather the bacony side of each slice of toasted bread with the herb mayo, then place a piece or two of lettuce on two pieces. Top with several slices of tomato, then divide the bacon between each. Top with the other piece of bread and gently press down with the palm of your hand. Use a serrated knife to carefully slice each sandwich on a diagonal. Serve immediately.
- *You can use other types of lettuce if desired. I personally love to use arugula, but don’t care much for spring mix. Use whatever you like best.
Keywords: BLT, oven bacon, garlic herb mayo