These New Orleans style BBQ shrimp are simmered shell-on in a spicy, tangy Worcestershire butter sauce. It’s a quick, easy and ridiculously delicious recipe! Adapted from Mr. B’s.
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup Amber beer (recommended: Abita)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon coarsely cracked black pepper
- Several dashes of hot sauce, to taste (recommended: Crystal)
- 1 1/2 lbs shell-on wild Gulf shrimp (16–20 count or larger), head-on if possible
- 4–5 thinly sliced lemon rounds
- 1/2 lemon, juiced, more to taste
- 14 tablespoons unsalted Butter, cold, cut into cubes
- salt, to taste
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Crusty French bread, for serving
- Add Worcestershire sauce, beer, garlic, bay leaf, rosemary, Cajun seasoning, pepper and hot sauce to a large sauté pan with a lid. Bring up to a boil, then add shrimp and lemon wheels. Toss to coat, then cover and cook until shrimp are just cooked through, about 3-5 minutes depending on size.
- Remove the lid and add lemon juice. Then turn off the heat and add cubed butter and stir continuously until fully melted and emulsified. Taste for seasoning and add salt and more lemon juice as needed.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with scallions and parsley. Serve with crusty bread for sopping up the sauce.
Keywords: new orleans, bbq, barbecue, shrimp, gulf shrimp, wild american shrimp, mardi gras, NOLA, easy, butter, Mr. B's