This easy recipe for Soy Glazed Salmon with Avocado + Cucumber is a delicious and healthy recipe that can be on the table in 20 minutes! It’s high in protein, gluten free and packed with sweet and salty flavor. Pair it with a dry Riesling wine!
For excellent quality wild salmon, visit WildForSalmon.com and use promo code COLEY20 to receive 20% off your order!
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (I used Tamari since it’s gluten free)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons neutral oil (I prefer grape seed)
- 4 medium salmon fillets (I prefer wild salmon), skin-on or off
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small-medium English cucumber, diced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds (any color)
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 large ripe, but firm avocado, diced
- rice, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the soy sauce, garlic, maple syrup and Dijon mustard. Cook over medium heat until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. It should be thick and syrupy.
- Rub the salmon all over with the oil, then season with salt and pepper on both sides. Place the salmon fillets skin-side-down on the parchment lined sheet pan, then brush lightly with the soy glaze.
- Bake the salmon for 5 minutes, brush with more glaze, then continue cooking until they’re to your liking. I prefer my salmon just slightly undercooked in the center, so it only takes about 3-4 more minutes. The overall time will also depend on the thickness of your fillets.
- While the salmon cooks, prepare the topping. In a medium bowl, add the cucumber, sesame oil, lime juice, sesame seeds, scallions and a generous pinch of salt. Mix well, then add the avocado and gently toss until just combined. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- When the salmon is finished, brush it with any remaining glaze, then serve with the avocado cucumber topping and your favorite rice if desired.
Keywords: easy, asian, salmon, avocado, cucumber, soy, glaze, maple, dijon, quick