You guys! Today is an exciting day because I’m resharing my favorite tomato + feta toasts. Re-sharing, you ask? Yep. My very first blog post, seen here, featured this very recipe in a messy, not-really-a-recipe sort of format. I wanted to share it again, only this time as a video, so you can see just how easy it is. I felt the need to share this one again in case you missed it the first time, but mostly because it’s so damn delicious. Have a look!
I started my blog back on August 2, 2013, and she sure has come a long way since. Happy birthday, blog! Let’s hope the terrible two’s don’t apply to the interwebs. Your birthday cake is coming next week – stay tuned!
- 4-6 slices of good crusty bread
- extra virgin olive oil - plenty!
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and halved
- 2-3 ripe heirloom tomatoes, depending on size, sliced
- salt + pepper to taste
- 4-6 slices feta cheese
- fresh herbs like basil, chives and/or oregano, roughly torn
- Preheat a grill to high heat. Brush the bread on both sides with a thin layer of olive oil. Place on the grill and cook until charred on both sides (bread may also be toasted instead). Remove the bread from the grill and immediately rub the cut side of the garlic all over each slice.
- Place the tomatoes on top of the toast in an even layer, and season liberally with salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Top each toast with a slice of feta, shower with fresh herbs and drizzle with lots of olive oil - be generous. Serve immediately.