Granola is one of my favorite go-to breakfasts because it’s tasty, simple and satisfying! I love to make a big batch on the weekend so that I’ve got an easy breakfast and something to snack on all week long.
This time around, I jazzed up a basic recipe with one of my all-time favorite flavors: Chai tea! Only, well, minus the tea.
Peep the video to see how simple it is to make, then follow the recipe below!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees. Prepare a large sheet pan by lining it with parchment paper. Heat the coconut oil and honey in a small sauce pan until the coconut oil is completely melted. Add in the spices and salt, then remove from the heat.
- Combine the oats, cashews, almonds, sunflower seeds and coconut flakes in a large bowl. Pour the honey mixture over and mix well until everything is moistened and combined.
- Spread the granola out on the prepared sheet pan and bake in the oven for about 1 hour, or until golden brown and toasted. Allow the granola to cool completely and then break into pieces. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.